Welcome to Immaculate Conception Parish, a Roman Catholic Church nestled in the beautiful mountains of Clarksburg, West Virginia. We hope that our website provides you with the information you need to nurture and support your faith here in the parish and beyond.
If you are new to the parish we extend a special welcome to you and pray that you will find a warm home here. Please introduce yourself after Mass or feel free to stop by the Parish Office located in the Parish Hall directly behind the Church.
We invite all our parishioners to join fully in our life at Immaculate Conception Parish. We serve the community through worship, outreach, education, social activities, sacramental preparation, and comfort to the sick and those who mourn. Feel free to contact us if we may be of service to you in any way.
Very Rev. Casey B. Mahone, VF, Pastor
To register with Immaculate Conception parish, use one of the following links:
Parish Office will be closed on Monday, September 5 for Labor Day.
CCD - Registration will take place on the weekends of August 27-28, September 3-4, and September 11-12. CCD classes will begin on Sunday, September 18th. Volunteers are always needed to help teach. Contact Sr. Maria if you have questions or wish to volunteer.
If you know of anyone interested in learning more and/or possibly attending “OCIA” (Order of Christian Initiation of Adults formerly “RCIA”), please call the office with their name and phone number, and Fr. Casey will be sure to contact them. More information about the date and time of classes will be coming. Accommodations can always be made for those with scheduling conflicts.
An informal gathering will be held in the Parish Center at 7 pm on Thursday, September 22, 2022.
Parish Nurse Ministry
Parish Nurse Ministry:
- Parish Nurses are having a totally virtual Pampered Chef fundraiser that will run through at least August 31. Please go to the site and see if there is anything you could use or do some early Christmas shopping. Thank you! The link is: https://www.pamperedchef.com/party/ministryfundraiser22
- The Seasons of Hope Bereavement Program will have the next monthly meeting on Saturday, August 20 from 10 am to Noon in the Parish Center.
- Attend Church to save your Soul. Attend our CPR AED/First Aid Day to save a life! IC Parish Nurses are sponsoring an American Heart Association – Family and Friends CPR/AED from 8:30 am to Noon; and a First Aid Classroom Course from 1 pm to 4 pm in the Parish Center on Saturday, September 24. The class is free but limited to 50 participants (Donations accepted to maintain our AED’s which are located in the Church and Parish Center); Registration is required, so please register by September 16. Call 304-669-6063 or 304-622-4147 to register. Do not miss this great opportunity!
- Mark your calendars for these upcoming events: Health Fair – Saturday, October 29.
- The IC Parish Nurses/St. James Health Ministry are hosting a five-part session on Healthy Relationships. Sessions will be held every other Tuesday at 2 pm in the IC Parish Center. (Dates 8/23, 9/6, 9/20.) For more information, contact Veronica Gallo at 304-476-2930 or email [email protected]
Readings for the week of August 14, 2022
- Sunday: Jer 38:4-6, 8-10 / Ps 40:2, 3, 4, 18 [14b] / Heb 12:1-4 / Lk 12:49-53
- Monday: Rv 11:19a; 12:1-6a, 10ab / Ps 45:10, 11, 12, 16 / 1 Cor 15:20-27 / Lk 1:39-56
- Tuesday: Ez 28:1-10 / Dt 32:26-27ab, 27cd-28, 30, 35cd-36ab / Mt 19:23-30
- Wednesday: Ez 34:1-11 / Ps 23:1-3a, 3b-4, 5, 6 / Mt 20:1-16
- Thursday: Ez 36:23-28 / Ps 51:12-13, 14-15, 18-19 / Mt 22:1-14
- Friday: Ez 37:1-14 / Ps 107:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9 / Mt 22:34-40
- Saturday: Ez 43:1-7ab / Ps 85:9ab and 10, 11-12, 13-14 / Mt 23:1-12
- Next Sunday: Is 66:18-21 / Ps 117:1, 2 / Heb 12:5-7, 11-13 / Lk 13:22-30
Mass Times/Services - Church
Wednesday - 7:00 pm
Thursday/Friday - 8:00 am
Saturday - 4:30 pm
Sunday - 8:00 am; 11:00 am
Confessions: Saturday 3:00-4:00 pm.
Spanish Mass will be held in the Parish Center on Sunday, August 14 at 8 am.
Parish Picnic 2022
Immaculate Conception Parish Picnic will be held on Sunday, August 21 after the 11 am mass at the Parish Center. Hot dogs, chicken and drinks will be provided. Families are asked to bring the following: Last name begins with A-I – Hot covered dish (baked beans, etc.); J-R Cold dish (salads, etc.); S-Z – Desserts. If you choose to bring another item, that is fine. Please make sure the dish is already prepared.
Meetings/Events - Parish Center
Corpus Christi 2022
IC Memorial Brick Garden
Promise to Protect - Promise to Heal
To report an incidence of suspected child sexual abuse, please contact your local law enforcement agency, or you may confidentially contact WV Child Protective Services at 800.352.6513. In addition to civil authorities, to report suspected cases of sexual abuse by personnel of the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston to the Diocese, please contact the Diocese at 888.434.6237 or 304.233.0880.Please visit www.dwc.org under “Accountability” for additional information and reporting methods.