Welcome to Immaculate Conception Parish, a Roman Catholic Church nestled in the beautiful mountains of Clarksburg, West Virginia. We hope that our website provides you with the information you need to nurture and support your faith here in the parish and beyond.
If you are new to the parish we extend a special welcome to you and pray that you will find a warm home here. Please introduce yourself after Mass or feel free to stop by the Parish Office located in the Parish Hall directly behind the Church.
We invite all our parishioners to join fully in our life at Immaculate Conception Parish. We serve the community through worship, outreach, education, social activities, sacramental preparation, and comfort to the sick and those who mourn. Feel free to contact us if we may be of service to you in any way.
Rev. Casey Mahone, Pastor
Tuesday - 8:00 am
Wednesday - 7:00 pm
Thursday - 8:00 am
Friday - 8:00 am
Saturday - 4:30 pm
Sunday - 8:00 am; 11:00 am
Confessions: Saturday 3:00-4:00 pm
150 South Maple Avenue
Clarksburg WV 26301
Phone: (304) 622-8243
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
The Office will be closed Friday, July 3
There are no upcoming scheduled events.
- Very Rev. Casey Mahone, VF, Pastor
- Sister Maria Rukwishuro,, Director of Religious Education
- Sister Berita Mhashu, Sacristan
- Robin Bohn, Organist/Choir Director
- Margaret Ann Lydon, Financial Manager
- Anita Petrella, Executive Assistant
- Joyce Price, Administrative Assistant
- Victoria Tarantino, Administrative Assistant (Written & Electronic Publications)
The 11:00 am Mass will be livestreamed on the IC FaceBook page on Sunday mornings.
Parish Activities remain cancelled until further notice.
We ask all those attending daily mass to leave your kneeler down when you exit after mass so the cleaning crew will know what specific areas need cleaned/sanitized.
Although the Church has reopened, please keep in mind the following:
- Social distancing guidelines will be followed at all times. Volunteer Ushers will direct parishioners as to when they can enter the church, where they will sit in the church, when they can go to Communion, and when they can leave the church.
- Social gatherings before and after Mass will be prohibited. The vestibule will be closed. Parishioners will enter and exit through two designated side doors.
- All parishioners will be asked to wear masks during services.
- There will be no holding of hands during the Lord’s Prayer.
- There will be only one line for Communion. Parishioners will be ushered to Communion by volunteers. There will be no distribution of the Precious Blood.
- An offering will not be collected; instead, parishioners will place their offerings in the basket as they go to Communion.
- Taking Communion on the tongue is discouraged.
- Stay at home if: you are in an at risk category; you have come in contact with (or someone suspected to have) COVID-19; your temperature is at or exceeds 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
The Volunteer Usher (for church reopening) schedule is posted on our website under the menu heading “Liturgical Ministries”. Please note that Volunteer Ushers must complete all Safe Environment Program requirements including the Virtus online training.
RCIA Class of 2020 Received into the Church at Pentecost afternoon mass
Immaculate Conception COVID 19 Guidelines
Readings for the week of July 5, 2020
- Sunday: Zec 9:9-10 / Ps 145:1-2, 8-9, 10-11, 13-14 [cf. 1] / Rom 8:9, 11-13 / Mt 11:25-30
- Monday: Hos 2:16, 17b-18, 21-22 / Ps 145:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [8a] / Mt 9:18-26
- Tuesday: Hos 8:4-7, 11-13 / Ps 115:3-4, 5-6, 7ab-8, 9-10 [9a] / Mt 9:32-38
- Wednesday: Hos 10:1-3, 7-8, 12 / Ps 105:2-3, 4-5, 6-7 [4b] / Mt 10:1-7
- Thursday: Hos 11:1-4, 8e-9 / Ps 80:2ac and 3b, 15-16 [4b] / Mt 10:7-15
- Friday: Hos 14:2-10 / Ps 51:3-4, 8-9, 12-13, 14 and 17 [17b] / Mt 10:16-23
- Saturday: Is 6:1-8 / Ps 93:1ab, 1cd-2, 5 [1a] / Mt 10:24-33
- Next Sunday: Is 55:10-11 / Ps 65:10, 11, 12-13, 14 [Lk 8:8] / Rom 8:18-23 / Mt 13:1-23 or 13:1-9