Welcome to Immaculate Conception Parish, a Roman Catholic Church nestled in the beautiful mountains of Clarksburg, West Virginia. We hope that our website provides you with the information you need to nurture and support your faith here in the parish and beyond.
If you are new to the parish we extend a special welcome to you and pray that you will find a warm home here. Please introduce yourself after Mass or feel free to stop by the Parish Office located in the Parish Hall directly behind the Church.
We invite all our parishioners to join fully in our life at Immaculate Conception Parish. We serve the community through worship, outreach, education, social activities, sacramental preparation, and comfort to the sick and those who mourn. Feel free to contact us if we may be of service to you in any way.
Very Rev. Casey B. Mahone, VF, Pastor
To register with Immaculate Conception parish, use one of the following links:
To view Mass livestream click here
On June 10, Bishop Brennan released updated directives regarding the celebration of Mass and other liturgical celebrations which become effective Saturday, June 19, 2021 and Sunday, June 20, 2021. Here is a brief summary of the updated directives as they will be implemented at Immaculate Conception:
- Our church and parish facilities will be cleaned at least one time per day and is open to the public for private prayer throughout the day. We will continue to provide sanitizing wipes for anyone who wishes to sanitize their space. More extensive disinfecting will be done if there has been a suspected or confirmed virus case within the last 24 hours.
- No person entering the church for Mass or other liturgical service will be required to wear a facial covering. Understanding and respect should be afforded to those members of the faithful who still wish to wear face coverings for personal reasons.
- Parish baptismal fonts and holy water stoups will be filled.
- Open seating in the church is now permitted. Special consideration will be given to those members of the faithful who wish to remain socially distanced at Mass.
- The tracking of contact information for those attending liturgical services and gatherings is no longer required.
- Multiple lectors are now permitted during the Mass or other liturgical service to proclaim the readings.
- The use of choirs during the Mass or other liturgical services will resume. This includes children’s choirs. The use of woodwind and brass instruments is also permitted, provided musicians are spaced at a reasonable distance.
- We will continue placing contributions in a basket located near the front of the church.
- The Exchange of the Sign of Peace during mass will continue in a non-tactile greeting.
- The above guidelines and requirements for the public celebration of Mass will continue to be followed for funeral Masses, weddings, baptisms and other Sacraments.
Parish Office will be closed Monday, July 5
Parish Nurse Ministry
The Parish Nurses are happy and blessed to be able to offer the Free Skin Screening Progran this year. There will be some modifications due to COVID 19 protocols. The Screening will take place on Sunday, June 13 from 11 am to 2 pm in the Parish Center. All screenings will be done BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please call early to schedule as we will only have about 25 slots. Social distancing will be observed and masks are mandatory. Please call Theresa White at 304-669-6063 to schedule an appointment.
The next Parish Nurse Ministry meeting will be held on Monday, June 14 at 6 pm in the Parish Center. Social distancing will be observed and masks will be required. All health care professionals who would like to help with this ministry are invited to attend. Please call Theresa White at 304-669-6063 with any questions.
The May monthly meeting for the Bereavement Group will be held on Saturday, June 26 at 10 am at Eat N Park Restaurant. Call Theresa White at 304-669-6063 with any questions.
WVU Senior Nursing Students Cassidy Connolly and Allyson Barry with nursing instructor and Parish Nurse, Veronica Gallo pareparing for Blood Pressure and Blood Glucose Screening after Spanish Mass.
Readings for the week of June 13, 2021
- Sunday: Ez 17:22-24 / Ps 92:2-3, 13-14, 15-16 [cf. 2a] / 2 Cor 5:6-10 / Mk 4:26-34
- Monday: 2 Cor 6:1-10 / Ps 98:1, 2b, 3ab, 3cd-4 [2a] / Mt 5:38-42
- Tuesday: 2 Cor 8:1-9 / Ps 146:2, 5-6ab, 6c-7, 8-9a [1b] / Mt 5:43-48
- Wednesday: 2 Cor 9:6-11 / Ps 112:1bc-2, 3-4, 9 [1b] / Mt 6:1-6, 16-18
- Thursday: 2 Cor 11:1-11 / Ps 111:1b-2, 3-4, 7-8 [7a] / Mt 6:7-15
- Friday: 2 Cor 11:18, 21-30 / Ps 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7 [cf. 18b] / Mt 6:19-23
- Saturday: 2 Cor 12:1-10 / Ps 34:8-9, 10-11, 12-13 [9a] / Mt 6:24-34
- Next Sunday: Jb 38:1, 8-11 / Ps 107:23-24, 25-26, 28-29, 30-31 [1b] / 2 Cor 5:14-17 / Mk 4:35-41
Mass Times/Services - Church
Wednesday - 7:00 pm
Thursday/Friday - 8:00 am
Saturday - 4:30 pm
Sunday - 8:00 am; 11:00 am
Confessions: Saturday 3:00-4:00 pm.
Spanish Mass on Sundays at 9 am in the Parish Center.
Meetings/Events - Parish Center
Corpus Christi Mass and Procession - June 6, 2021
Mary has arrived!
The Sisters of the Infant Jesus with the help of Dan Fisher shipped a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Zimbabwe.