Welcome to Immaculate Conception Parish, a Roman Catholic Church nestled in the beautiful mountains of Clarksburg, West Virginia. We hope that our website provides you with the information you need to nurture and support your faith here in the parish and beyond.
If you are new to the parish we extend a special welcome to you and pray that you will find a warm home here. Please introduce yourself after Mass or feel free to stop by the Parish Office located in the Parish Hall directly behind the Church.
We invite all our parishioners to join fully in our life at Immaculate Conception Parish. We serve the community through worship, outreach, education, social activities, sacramental preparation, and comfort to the sick and those who mourn. Feel free to contact us if we may be of service to you in any way.
Very Rev. Casey B. Mahone, VF, Pastor
To register with Immaculate Conception parish, use one of the following links:
Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA)
Are you interested in learning more about the Catholic Faith? Perhaps you’ve been thinking of becoming Catholic or perhaps you are just curious about what Catholics believe. The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) presents the teachings of the Catholic Church, spiritual support, and prayer for adults and children over the age of eight, discerning their call to join the Catholic Church and prepare for the Sacraments of Initiation. The RCIA program is perfect for those who were baptized in another faith, baptized Catholic but did not receive all of their Sacraments, and individuals who have never been baptized.
We would love to have you join the Immaculate Conception Parish RCIA program that begins on Thursday, October 1, 2020. If interested, please contact the parish office at 304-622-8243, or click here for an online request form.
Religious Education (CCD)
Registration is now open for both returning and new families to enroll for IC CCD Classes! Register as soon as possible!
Immaculate Conception Parish's CCD program works to share the fullness of trhe Catholic Faith to our children weekly throughout the year. This year due to Covid 19 pandemic, our CCD school will begin September 27, 2020 through Zoom accessed from home until there are significant changes in the health siuation and recommendations for in-person lessons from the CDC, State and Diocesan guidelines.
Volunteers are needed. We are looking for adult volunteers as teachers and substitutes for certain grades. If you are interested, call Sr. Maria SJI at 304-622-8243 or email [email protected]
Payment for CCD (Checks made out to Immaculate Conception): $25 for one child; $75 for 3 or more children per family. You may drop your payment at the parish office, however, please note in the memo line that this payment is for CCD.
Printable Form click here
Online registration click here
Parish Nurse Ministry
- The Seasons of Hope Program continues on Saturdays, from 10 am to Noon. To ensure compliance with social distancing guidelines, the sessions will be held at the Freedom Shelter at the VA Park (weather permitting). Masks will be required. Please contact Theresa White at 304-623-1302 or Mary Jo Flaherty at 304-622-4147 to register.
- A Bible study focusing on Aging and Well Being will take place every Friday 10 am to Noon at the Immaculate Conception Parish Center. Participants are required to wear a mask and practice social distancing. Sessions will run through October 9th. For more information, contact Veronica Gallo at 304-476-2930.
- Due to COVID19, we are unable to host our live health fair this year. We are planning a series of virtual mini-health fairs that parishioners can attend live or watch via recordings. Watch for more information!
- Newsletter September 2020
Readings for the week of September 20, 2020
- Sunday: Is 55:6-9 / Ps 145:2-3, 8-9, 17-18 [18a] / Phil 1:20c-24, 27a / Mt 20:1-16a
- Monday: Eph 4:1-7, 11-13 / Ps 19:2-3, 4-5  / Mt 9:9-13
- Tuesday: Prv 21:1-6, 10-13 / Ps 119:1, 27, 30, 34. 35, 44  / Lk 8:19-21
- Wednesday: Prv 30:5-9 / Ps 119:29, 72, 89, 101, 104, 163  / Lk 9:1-6
- Thursday: Eccl 1:2-11 / Ps 90:3-4, 5-6, 12-13, 14 and 17bc  / Lk 9:7-9
- Friday: Eccl 3:1-11 / Ps 144:1b and 2abc, 3-4  / Lk 9:18-22
- Saturday: Eccl 11:9—12:8 / Ps 90:3-4, 5-6, 12-13, 14 and 17  / Lk 9:43b-45
- Next Sunday: Ez 18:25-28 / Ps 25:4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [6a] / Phil 2:1-11 or 2:1-5 / Mt 21:28-32
Tuesday - 8:00 am
Wednesday - 7:00 pm
Thursday - 8:00 am
Friday - 8:00 am
Saturday - 4:30 pm
Sunday - 8:00 am; 11:00 am
Confessions: Saturday 3:00-4:00 pm