Welcome to Immaculate Conception Parish, a Roman Catholic Church nestled in the beautiful mountains of Clarksburg, West Virginia. We hope that our website provides you with the information you need to nurture and support your faith here in the parish and beyond.
If you are new to the parish we extend a special welcome to you and pray that you will find a warm home here. Please introduce yourself after Mass or feel free to stop by the Parish Office located in the Parish Hall directly behind the Church.
We invite all our parishioners to join fully in our life at Immaculate Conception Parish. We serve the community through worship, outreach, education, social activities, sacramental preparation, and comfort to the sick and those who mourn. Feel free to contact us if we may be of service to you in any way.
Very Rev. Casey B. Mahone, VF, Pastor
To register with Immaculate Conception parish, use one of the following links:
Altar Servers Training - Training for interested students begins October 16 immediaely following the 11 am Mass. You are expected to attend four Sundays of training: October 23, November 13, November 20 and December 3. Pizza will be provided! If you have any questions, please call Sr. Maria at 304-622-8243 or email: [email protected]
Our CCD Program begins Sunday, September 18 and ends May 7, 2023. Religious education classes at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church are held on Sundays throughout the school year for Pre-K through 8th grade, from 9:30 am - 10:45 am at St. Mary's Grade School. Contact Sr. Maria if you have questions.
First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion (normally 2nd grade) classes meet in NDHS and are held on Tuesday evenings from 6 pm to 7:15 pm beginning October 18, 2022 and ending on May 6, 2023.
Parish Nurse Ministry
Parish Nurse Ministry:
- The Seasons of Hope Bereavement Program continues on October 1,8, 15 and 22. The group meets in the Parish Center from 10 am to Noon. Please call Theresa White at 304-669-6063 or Mary Jo Flaherty at 304-622-4147 with any questions.
- On Sunday, October 9, from 12:30 to 2:30 pm, join the IC Parish Nurses for a workshop on suicide prevention led by Dr. Veronica Gallo. The workshop will address risk factors for suicide signs of impeding suicide, and action steps to prevent suicide. The workshop will be held in the IC Parish Center. For more information, contact Veronica Gallo at 304-476-2930.
- Mark your calendars for these upcoming events: Health Fair – Saturday, October 29
- September 2022 Newsletter:
Readings for the week of September 25, 2022
- Sunday: Am 6:1a, 4-7 / Ps 146:7, 8-9, 9-10 [1b] / 1 Tm 6:11-16 / Lk 16:19-31
- Monday: Jb 1:6-22 / Ps 17:1bcd, 2-3, 6-7 / Lk 9:46-50
- Tuesday: Jb 3:1-3, 11-17, 20-23 / Ps 88:2-3, 4-5, 6, 7-8 / Lk 9:51-56
- Wednesday: Jb 9:1-12, 14-16 / Ps 88:10bc-11, 12-13, 14-15 / Lk 9:57-62
- Thursday: Dan 7:9-10, 13-14 or Rv 12:7-12a / Ps 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 4-5 / Jn 1:47-51
- Friday: Jb 38:1, 12-21; 40:3-5 / Ps 139:1-3, 7-8, 9-10, 13-14ab / Lk 10:13-16
- Saturday: Jb 42:1-3, 5-6, 12-17 / Ps 119:66, 71, 75, 91, 125, 130 / Lk 10:17-24
- Next Sunday: Hb 1:2-3; 2:2-4 / Ps 95:1-2, 6-7, 8-9 / 2 Tm 1:6-8, 13-14 / Lk 17:5-10
Mass Times/Services - Church
Wednesday - 7:00 pm
Thursday/Friday - 8:00 am
Saturday - 4:30 pm
Sunday - 8:00 am; 11:00 am
Confessions: Saturday 3:00-4:00 pm.
Spanish Mass - Thursday, September 29 at 7 pm in the Church
Eucharistic Adoration - Monday, October 17 from 8 am to 7 pm
OCIA (formerly RCIA) - will be held on Thursday, September 29 at 7 pm. The topic of discussion will be "Faith and Revelation." The class meets in the Parish Center located at 150 S Maple Ave, Clarksburg. All are welcome! If you would like more information, email Fr. Casey at: [email protected]
Upcoming Parish Events
Bishop Brennan would like to have Mass, a dinner, and a Q & A with young adults of the diocese. By young adults, we generally mean individuals and couples ages 18 to 35, or so.
October 6th – St. John University Parish, Morgantown – 5:15pm Mass, with dinner and a Q & A to follow, with the bishop. Please register with the parish: 304-296-8231
November 8th – Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart, Charleston – 5:00pm Mass with dinner and a Q&A to follow with Bishop. For this one, please register with the diocese: Meet and Greet with Bishop Brennan (wufoo.com)
IC Memorial Brick Garden
Parish Picnic 2022
Promise to Protect - Promise to Heal
To report an incidence of suspected child sexual abuse, please contact your local law enforcement agency, or you may confidentially contact WV Child Protective Services at 800.352.6513. In addition to civil authorities, to report suspected cases of sexual abuse by personnel of the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston to the Diocese, please contact the Diocese at 888.434.6237 or 304.233.0880.Please visit www.dwc.org under “Accountability” for additional information and reporting methods.