Welcome to Immaculate Conception Parish, a Roman Catholic Church nestled in the beautiful mountains of Clarksburg, West Virginia. We hope that our website provides you with the information you need to nurture and support your faith here in the parish and beyond.
If you are new to the parish we extend a special welcome to you and pray that you will find a warm home here. Please introduce yourself after Mass or feel free to stop by the Parish Office located in the Parish Hall directly behind the Church.
We invite all our parishioners to join fully in our life at Immaculate Conception Parish. We serve the community through worship, outreach, education, social activities, sacramental preparation, and comfort to the sick and those who mourn. Feel free to contact us if we may be of service to you in any way.
Very Rev. Casey B. Mahone, VF, Pastor
To register with Immaculate Conception parish, use one of the following links:
To view Mass livestream click here
In consultation with Parish Council and in light of the Bishop’s advice, in Christian compassion and concern for one another, we are asking people to wear masks at Mass and in church meetings until further notice.
Diocesan Pastoral Concerns Survey - Commissioned by Bishop Brennan, this is an extraordinary opportunity for all of us to provide input to the Bishop and Chancery staff as they prioritize future diocesan pastoral programs. This is a unique opportunity to provide your insights to the leadership of the Wheeling-Charleston diocese by completing this brief 7-10 minute survey. Surveys can be completed electronically online, or manually via a paper document. To access the online survey use this link https://dwc.org/pastoral-needs-survey/ Paper copies will be available at the church doors. Completed surveys can be dropped in the collection basket the following weekend(s). Completed surveys can be submitted until Sunday, September 19, 2021.
Have you been worshipping with us, but never officially took the step to become Catholic? Have you been away from the Church and have now returned, but want to know more? Have you been a Catholic all your life, but never celebrated all the Sacraments of initiation (Baptism, Euharist, and Confirmation)? Have you joined us from a different faith background and would like to find out more about the Catholic Church? Do you know of anyone who has lapsed from the practice of their faith and would respond to an invitation to return to the Father's House?
If any of the above questions apply to you, we would love to help you on your journey of faith!! Or if you know of anyone who could answer YES to any of the above questions, we invite you to extend an invitation for them to join us.
Fr. Casey and Sr. Maria will begin the Rite of Christian Initiation (RCIA) with an informal Gathering on Sunday, September 19th at 3:00 pm in the Parish Center. The purpose of the meeting is to welcome any “Inquirers” as well as Catholics who would like to increase their knowledge and understanding of their Catholic Faith.
If you plan on attending, we ask that you complete the form linked below and a member of our RCIA team will contact you.
Parish Nurse Ministry
Parish Nurse Ministry:
- The Seasons of Hope Program will resume on Saturday, September 18 and will be held on Saturdays from 10 AM to Noon in the Parish Center. This is a 6-week session. Seasons of Hope can help us to cope with a loss that we have experienced in our lives. This can include the loss of a loved one, a job, divorce, etc. The Seasons of Hope program offers the bereaved an opportunity to come together and share in God’s love with the support of the faith community. Please call Theresa White at 304-669-6063 or Mary Jo Flaherty at 304-622-4147 to register. This will be a small group so if you are interested, please call early.
- IC Parish Nurses, St. James Health Ministry Team and WVU student nurses will present the Ribbons of Faith: Preventing Prostate Cancer program on Tuesday, September 21 at 6:30 pm in the IC Parish Center. This program is one in a series of cancer prevention programs provided by the Mountains of Hope Cancer Prevention Coalition. Masks and social distancing will be required. For more information contact Veronica Gallo at 304-476-2930.
∙ September 2021 Newsletter: https://uploads.weconnect.com/mce/91d5e6728240dd7edc866732c15a56a934cf0a97/September%202021%20Newsletter.pdf
Important Notice: Until further notice, Bishop Brennan asks that all those in attendance at Mass wear a mask, other than young children under the age of 2. Thank you for your cooperation in this act of Christian Charity.
Readings for the week of September 12, 2021
- Sunday: Is 50:5-9a / Ps 116:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 8-9  / Jas 2:14-18 / Mk 8:27-35
- Monday: 1 Tm 2:1-8 / Ps 40:7-8a, 8b-9, 10, 17 [1Cor 11:26b] / Lk 7:1-10
- Tuesday: Nm 21:4b-9 / Ps 78:1bc-2, 34-35, 36-37, 38 [cf. 7b] / Phil 2:6-11 / Jn 3:13-17
- Wednesday: 1 Tm 3:14-16 / Ps 111:1-2, 3-4, 5-6  / Jn 19:25-27 or Lk 2:33-35
- Thursday: 1 Tm 4:12-16 / Ps 111:7-8, 9, 10  / Lk 7:36-50
- Friday: 1 Tm 6:2c-12 / Ps 49:6-7, 8-10, 17-18, 19-20 / Lk 8:1-3
- Saturday: 1 Tm 6:13-16 / Ps 100:1b-2, 3, 4, 5  / Lk 8:4-15
- Next Sunday: Wis 2:12, 17-20 / Ps 54:3-4, 5, 6-8 [6b] / Jas 3:16—4:3 / Mk 9:30-37
Mass Times/Services - Church
Wednesday - 7:00 pm
Thursday/Friday - 8:00 am
Saturday - 4:30 pm
Sunday - 8:00 am; 11:00 am
Confessions: Saturday 3:00-4:00 pm.
Meetings/Events - Parish Center
Religious Education 2021-2022 – In person religious instruction will begin the week of September 26th; it may seem a bit early to register, but it is necessary to get your registrations back sooner so Sister can order books and be as prepared as she can for an outstanding year of growing in faith together. If you are interested in helping, please contact Sr. Maria. Registration forms available on-line and in the church vestibule beginning August 15th. Classes will be held on Sunday mornings from 9:30 am to 10:45 am for Pre-K through 8th grade. If you have any questions or need more information on registration or sacramental preparations for First Communion and Confirmation, please contact Sr. Maria at [email protected] or 304-622-8243.
IC Memorial Brick Garden
An Evening of Remembrance August 29
Promise to Protect - Promise to Heal
To report an incidence of suspected child sexual abuse, please contact your local law enforcement agency, or you may confidentially contact WV Child Protective Services at 800.352.6513. In addition to civil authorities, to report suspected cases of sexual abuse by personnel of the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston to the Diocese, please contact the Diocese at 888.434.6237 or 304.233.0880.Please visit www.dwc.org under “Accountability” for additional information and reporting methods.