Welcome to Immaculate Conception Parish, a Roman Catholic Church nestled in the beautiful mountains of Clarksburg, West Virginia. We hope that our website provides you with the information you need to nurture and support your faith here in the parish and beyond.
If you are new to the parish we extend a special welcome to you and pray that you will find a warm home here. Please introduce yourself after Mass or feel free to stop by the Parish Office located in the Parish Hall directly behind the Church.
We invite all our parishioners to join fully in our life at Immaculate Conception Parish. We serve the community through worship, outreach, education, social activities, sacramental preparation, and comfort to the sick and those who mourn. Feel free to contact us if we may be of service to you in any way.
Rev. Casey Mahone, Pastor
Wednesday - 7:00 pm
Thursday and Friday - 8:00 am
Saturday - 4:30 pm
Sunday - 8:00 am and 11:00 am
Confessions: Saturday 3:00-4:00
Mass on Thanksgiving Day - Nov. 28 at 8:00 am
8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
150 South Maple Avenue
Clarksburg WV 26301
Office Phone: (304) 622-8243
The Office will be closed on Thursday November 28 and Friday November 29 for Thanksgiving holiday.
- Very Rev. Casey Mahone, VF, Pastor
- Rev. Joseph Wiley, Associate Pastor
- Sister Maria Rukwishuro,, Director of Religious Education
- Sister Berita Mhashu, Sacristan
- Robin Bohn, Organist/Choir Director
- Margaret Ann Lydon, Financial Manager
- Anita Petrella, Executive Assistant
- Melissa Riley, Administrative Assistant
- Victoria Tarantino, Administrative Assistant (Written & Electronic Publications)
Farewell Reception for Fr. Joseph will be held this Sunday, November 17 in the Parish Center following the 11:00 am mass.
Angel Tree Sign-ups after all masses this weekend (Nov. 16-17).
Pita Piata Baking Days: November 18, 20 and 22. For orders call Sandra Iaquinta at 304-203-3993; or Ethel (Devono) Shorr at 304-629-9941. Orders can be picked up between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm.
Thanksgiving Food Drive: We are now collecting canned food and non-perishable items (canned vegetables, canned fruit, boxes of instant mashed potatoes, macroni & cheese, etc.) for our Thanksgiving Food Baskets. There will be marked containers in the vestibule of the Church where you can place donations. Donations accepted through November 22. Baskets will be distributed on November 24.
Coming Soon! An Advent Bible Study "Have Yourself A "Mary Little Christmas." Presented by Fr. Casey Mahone on Monday evenings beginning November 25 and continuing December 2, 9, and 16; 6:30 - 8:30 pm in the Parish Center.
December 8 - Parish Feast Day Dinner & Silent Auction - celebrating Our Mother, the Immaculate Conception and Our Lady of Guadalupe. Dinner is free!
December 14-15 - Cookie Sale after all masses.
Readings for the week of November 17, 2019
- Sunday: Mal 3:19-20a / Ps 98:5-6, 7-8, 9 [cf. 9] / 2 Thes 3:7-12 / Lk 21:5-19
- Monday: 1 Mc 1:10-15, 41-43, 54-57, 62-63 / Ps 119:53, 61, 134, 155, 158 [cf. 88] / Lk 18:35-43
- Tuesday: 2 Mc 6:18-31 / Ps 3:2-3, 4-5, 6-7 [6b] / Lk 19:1-10
- Wednesday: 2 Mc 7:1, 20-31 / Ps 17:1bcd, 5-6, 8b and 15 [15b] / Lk 19:11-28
- Thursday: 1 Mc 2:15-29 / Ps 50:1b-2, 5-6, 14-15 [23b] / Lk 19:41-44
- Friday: 1 Mc 4:36-37, 52-59 / 1 Chrn 29:10bcd, 11abc, 11d-12a, 12bcd [13b] / Lk 19:45-48
- Saturday: 1 Mc 6:1-13 / Ps 9:2-3, 4 and 6, 16 and 19 [cf. 16a] / Lk 20:27-40
- Next Sunday: 2 Sm 5:1-3 / Ps 122:1-2, 3-4, 4-5 [cf. 1] / Col 1:12-20 / Lk 23:35-43
Job Announcement: Holy Cross Cemetery is seeking a reliable and professional full-time Cemetery Manager to enhance the sacred environment for staff, parishioners and visitors as a respectful and peaceful eternal place of rest. This is a full-time position. The annual is salary $27,000, and benefits are available. Option to rent residence on cemetery grounds.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: managing cemetery operations which includes supervising and evaluating work performed by employees and/or contractors; schedules and oversees funeral service operations which includes coordinating open and closing; marketing/selling available plots/crypts; locating/marking graves; entering and maintaining grave-site/burial records in an automated computer system and office files; maintains Cemetery website; responds to all genealogy requests, or any questions and/or complaints.
The following qualifications must be met: have a high school diploma (or equivalent); ability to direct the work of others; ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, contractors and the public; ability to work outside in all kinds of weather; and experience with computer systems; physical ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
Applicants should mail resume’s to Immaculate Conception Church, 150 South Maple Avenue, Clarksburg, WV 26301, Attn: Anita Petrella; or email applications to [email protected].
Trunk or Treat 2019