Welcome to Immaculate Conception Parish, a Roman Catholic Church nestled in the beautiful mountains of Clarksburg, West Virginia. We hope that our website provides you with the information you need to nurture and support your faith here in the parish and beyond.
If you are new to the parish we extend a special welcome to you and pray that you will find a warm home here. Please introduce yourself after Mass or feel free to stop by the Parish Office located in the Parish Hall directly behind the Church.
We invite all our parishioners to join fully in our life at Immaculate Conception Parish. We serve the community through worship, outreach, education, social activities, sacramental preparation, and comfort to the sick and those who mourn. Feel free to contact us if we may be of service to you in any way.
Very Rev. Casey B. Mahone, VF, Pastor
To register with Immaculate Conception parish, use one of the following links:
To view Mass livestream click here
RCIA – “Jesus” will be the topic at the meeting on Thursday, October 28 beginning at 7 pm in the Parish Center. All are welcome! If you’d like more information regarding RCIA, email Fr. Casey at [email protected]
Parish Nurse Ministry
Parish Nurse Ministry:
- Seasons of Hope Program will meet every Saturday from 10 AM to Noon in the Parish Center. This program can help us to cope with a loss that we have experienced in our lives. This an include the loss of a loved one, a job, divorce, etc. Please call Theresa White at 304-669-6063 or Mary Jo Flaherty at 304-622-4147 to register.
- The Living Grace Group will meet weekly on Tuesdays from 12-2 pm in the IC Parish Center. This small group is designed to help anyone struggling with emotional distress by reducing stress, depression, anxiety and other emotional challenges using faith, fellowship, and proven coping and resilience strategies. For more information, contact Veronica Gallo at 304-476-2930.
- The St. James Walking Group continues to meet every Monday and Wednesday from 10 am to Noon at the St. James Parish Center. We are currently using the Walking with Jesus Curriculum. New members are welcome! Contact Patty Colanero at 304-669-5350 if interesteed.
- IC Parish Nurses are pleased to be sponsoring the WVU mobile Lung Cancer Mobile Screening Unit (LUCAS) on Tuesday, November 2 from 8 am to 4 pm. Eligibility Requirements: 50-80 years of age; currently, smoke or quit within the past 15 years; at least a 20-pack year history; insurance coverage varies, check with your carrier to determine coverage; you must have a doctor’s order. Types of payment accepted - Private insurance medicare medicaid; LUCAS grant funds available for unisnured West Virginians that meet the eligibility requirements. No patient living in WV who meets the Lung Cancer screening eligibility requirements will be turned away due to inability to pay or lack of insurance. You may call 304-669-6063 with any qustions or to register. Please inquire and/or register early as there are only 14 slots available. Registration forms must be received by October 18 for precertification to be completed.
- October 2021 Newsletter:
Important Notice: Until further notice, Bishop Brennan requests that all those in attendance at Mass wear a mask, other than young children under the age of 2. Thank you for your cooperation in this act of Christian Charity.
Readings for the week of October 17, 2021
- Sunday: Is 53:10-11 / Ps 33:4-5, 18-19, 20, 22  / Heb 4:14-16 / Mk 10:35-45 or 10:42-45
- Monday: 2 Tm 4:10-17 / Ps 145:10-11, 12-13, 17-18  / Lk 10:1-9
- Tuesday: Rom 5:12, 15, 17-19, 20-21 / Ps 40:7-8, 8-9, 10, 17 [8 and 9] / Lk 12:35-38
- Wednesday: Rom 6:12-18 / Ps 124:1-3, 4-6, 7-8  / Lk 12:39-48
- Thursday: Rom 6:19-23 / Ps 1:1-2, 3, 4 and 6 [Ps 40:5] / Lk 12:49-53
- Friday: Rom 7:18-25 / Ps 119:66, 68, 76, 77, 93, 94  / Lk 12:54-59
- Saturday: Rom 8:1-11 / Ps 24:1-2, 3-4, 5-6 [cf. 6] / Lk 13:1-9
- Next Sunday: Jer 31:7-9 / Ps 126:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 6  / Heb 5:1-6 / Mk 10:46-52
Mass Times/Services - Church
Wednesday - 7:00 pm
Thursday/Friday - 8:00 am
Saturday - 4:30 pm
Sunday - 8:00 am; 11:00 am
Confessions: Saturday 3:00-4:00 pm.
Monday, November 1 - 8:00 am and 7:00 pm
Tuesday, November 2 - 8:00 am and 7:00 pm
Meetings/Events - Parish Center
CCD - Our 2021-2022 Parish Religious Education Program will offer weekly (Sundays) in-person classes for children Pre-K to 8th grade. Classes meet in St. Mary’s Grade school at 9:30 to 10:45 am. If you haven’t registered your children for the CCD program, please call the parish office at 304-622-8243 to speak with Sr. Maria or sign up online on the parish website.
Confirmation – A make up informational meeting outlining the requirements for Confirmation, will be held on Sunday, October 24 at 4:30 pm in the Church followed by the first Confirmation Class at 5:00 pm in the Parish Center.
First Reconciliation – Preparation begins with a meeting for parents and children on October 27 at 6 pm in the Church. This will be followed by Mass at 7 pm and is required of all children and parents involved in First Reconciliation.
IC Memorial Brick Garden
The barrels have arrived!
An Evening of Remembrance August 29
Promise to Protect - Promise to Heal
To report an incidence of suspected child sexual abuse, please contact your local law enforcement agency, or you may confidentially contact WV Child Protective Services at 800.352.6513. In addition to civil authorities, to report suspected cases of sexual abuse by personnel of the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston to the Diocese, please contact the Diocese at 888.434.6237 or 304.233.0880.Please visit www.dwc.org under “Accountability” for additional information and reporting methods.