Update September 29
Father Casey will be blessing animals this Sunday, October 1 at 3 pm on the Rectory lawn.
A Soup Sale (pasta fagioli or onion fagioli) will be held Friday, October 6 through Sunday, October 8. The cost is $9 per quart. Orders may be picked up on Friday, October 6 at the Parish Center between 10 am and 3 pm; or after the weekend masses on October 7-8. Flyers will be available at the doors of the church along with a basket in which to place your orders. All proceeds from this sale will go to the renovations to be done in the church.
Vicariate Pastoral Council Elections – We are accepting nominations for 2 parishioners to represent Immaculate Conception Parish on the Clarksburg Vicariate Pastoral Council. Elections will be held the weekend of October 7-8. If you would like to serve, or nominate someone to serve, please put that name and contact information on the sheet in the vestibule by Sunday, October 1. The Clarksburg Vicariate Pastoral Council meets in person or by Zoom. Together with other elected Vicariate Pastoral Council representatives they elect people to serve on the Diocesan Pastoral Council.
Wanted: Singers and Ringers! Rehearsals are held every Thursday. Handbells practice is held at 6 pm. Anyone in middle school and up is welcome. Being able to read music is helpful for playing handbells. Choir practice is held at 7 pm. Anyone in middle school and up is welcome. Yes, you can do both! If you have any questions, contact Robin before or after mass.
Make plans to attend the annual Trunk or Treat sponsored by the Family Guild! The event will take place on Sunday, October 29 following the 11 am mass. There will be games, food, crafts, prizes, fun, and CANDY for the whole family! If you would like to participate and decorate your car or volunteer in any way, please contact Missy McAra at 304-695-2175. Thank you and God bless! Missy
Parish Office Hours – Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 3:00 pm
Mass Schedule: Monday and Tuesday - 8 am; Wednesday 7 pm; Thursday and Friday - 8 am; Saturday - 4:30 pm; Sunday 8 am and 11 am. We will livestream the 11 am mass on Sunday, October 1on the Immaculate Conception FaceBook page (click link on website). Confessions are held on Saturdays from 3-4 pm. (Note: Hearing Assistance Devices are available for use during Mass and are located in the back of the church. If you would like one, please ask an Usher for assistance.) Spanish Mass will be held every Sunday at 9:15 am in the Church (Community fellowship in the Parish Center after 9:15 Mass). The next Eucharistic Adoration will be held on Friday, October 6 from 4-5 pm in the Church.
- CCD classes are held every Sunday at 9:15 am to 10:45 am in St. Mary’s Grade School.
- Children in 2nd grade and up will be notified when sacramental preparation for First Communion begins.
- There will be a Sacrament of Confirmation meeting for students and parents on Sunday, October 8 at 6 pm in the Church. Any child in 9th grade and above is eligible for Confirmation. For more information, please contact Sister Maria at 304-622-8243 or Michelle Palmer at 304-669-1972.
OCIA (formerly RCIA) – The next class will be held on Thursday, October 5 at 7 pm in the Parish Center. The topic of discussion will be “Catholic Customs”. All are welcome! If you would like more information, email Fr. Casey at [email protected]
Parish Nurse Ministry:
- The next session of the Seasons of Hope Program will be held on Saturday, September 30 from 10 am to Noon in the Parish Center. We are blessed to have Judy Labdik, a Licensed Social Worker who has facilitated the program to help us. Please call Theresa White at 304-669-6063 or Mary Jo Flaherty at 304-622-4147 to register.
- The Parish Nurse Ministry will meet on Monday, October 9 at 6:30 pm in the Parish Center. All health care professionals who would like to help with this ministry are invited to attend. Please note time of meeting.
- The Annual Health Fair will be held on Saturday, October 14 from 10 am to Noon in the Parish Center. We will be offering screenings for Vision, Hearing, Blood Pressure and Blood Sugar. The WVU School of Dentistry will be here for Oral screenings. WVU Med students will be here to provide education regarding topics like tobacco use and gum disease. Walgreens will be here with Flu, Pneumonia and COVID vaccines (if you have Health Insurance, please bring your card if you want a vaccine). We will have demonstrations by the Senior Center for some physical activities and we will also have a Yoga demonstration. Chair massages will be available.
- August/September 2023 Newsletter: https://uploads.weconnect.com/mce/91d5e6728240dd7edc866732c15a56a934cf0a97/August_Sept%202023.pdf
The Men’s Group meets on the first Tuesday of each month. The next meeting will be held on October 3 at 6 pm in the Parish Center. All men are welcome!
The Annual Public Square Our Lady of Fatima Rosary will be held on Saturday, October 14 beginning at Noon in Nutter Fort City Park.
Eight-Week Bible Study with Sister Maria SJI continues each Monday through October 30 in the Parish Center from 12:30 to 2 pm. Participants meet every week to view an engaging video presentation followed by a time of lively group discussion and fellowship.
The Mustard Seed – Families are seeking warm clothing, underwear and grooming items. Your donations reach more people than you imagine. Please remember us and visit any time you can. Current Needs: shampoo, deodorant, body wash, soap, pasta and sauce, tuna, peanut butter and jelly and macaroni and cheese. The Mustard Seed continues to be open on Monday, Tuesdays, Thursday and Fridays from 11 am to 3 pm. All donations are appreciated. To volunteer or schedule donations contact Dolores at 304-624-6077.
Help send 10 barrels of items to Zimbabwe! Drop-of boxes are located in the entry of Immaculate Conception Church and at the Benedum Center, Bridgeport. Most Needed Items (Primarily for Children, Infants – 18 years): New or like new clothing for all seasons including coats, shirts, shorts, tennis shoes, socks, underwear, etc. Small toys, electronics, make-up, purses, accessories, school supplies including backpacks, markers, pens, pencils, art supplies, paper, etc. (no books or notebooks, please.) Monetary donations of any amount to go towards the greatest need may be made via Venmo @supportzimbabwe or by contacting Christian Arnold at 304-282-8033. We are also in need of individuals or companies to sponsor full or half barrels. The cost of shipping is $500 per barrel. Please contact Christian if you are interested in sponsoring a barrel. This fundraiser supports the work of the Sisters of the Child Jesus (members, Sister Maria and Beritha of Harrison County).
Safe Environment (Virtus) Compliance - background checks are required every three years for all employees and volunteers. You will receive a phone call/email if you need to complete a new background check. Any new volunteer should contact Anita to obtain information on how to begin the process. No one is permitted to volunteer without first completing a background check and the other two components of the safe environment process. Please contact Anita Petrella, IC Safe Environment Coordinator, at 304-481-3222 or [email protected] with any questions.
Here is link to the Faith in WV weekly bulletin from the Diocese: https://files.constantcontact.com/79300250101/f2e62128-3e2e-4678-9730-7425b5e2eecc.pdf?rdr=true
Here is the ZOOM link for the Knights of Columbus family rosary on Sunday evenings at 7pm: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86432796077?pwd=QnhoNWJLQU5SZEhsWUdpQjBaV1dpdz09
FORMED – Visit formed.org/signup; enter our parish zip or name; enter your name and email; enjoy and share with others in our local community! After you sign up, download the free FORMED app from App Store or Google Play.