Update October 20
Important Notice: Until further notice, Bishop Brennan requests that all those in attendance at Mass wear a mask, other than young children under the age of 2. Thank you for your cooperation in this act of Christian Charity.
Parish Office Hours – Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 3:00 pm
Mass Schedule: Monday/Tuesday - 8 am; Wednesday 7 pm; Thursday/Friday - 8 am; Saturday - 4:30 pm; Sunday 8 and 11 am. We will continue to livestream the 11:00 am Mass on the Immaculate Conception FaceBook page (click link on website) this Sunday, October 24. Confessions are held on Saturdays from 3-4 pm. Mass will be held on Monday, November 1, All Saints Day at 8:00 am and 7:00 pm. Mass will be held on Tuesday, November, All Souls Day at 8:00 am and 7:00 pm.
Lectors for October 23-24 – Saturday, 4:30 pm – Donna Walls; Sunday, 8 am – LeaAnn Barnes; Sunday, 11 am – Charles Roskovensky.
RCIA – “Jesus” will be the topic at the meeting on Thursday, October 28 beginning at 7 pm in the Parish Center. All are welcome! If you’d like more information regarding RCIA, email Fr. Casey at [email protected].
CCD - Our 2021-2022 Parish Religious Education Program will offer weekly (Sundays) in-person classes for children Pre-K to 8th grade. Classes meet in St. Mary’s Grade school at 9:30 to 10:45 am. If you haven’t registered your children for the CCD program, please call the parish office at 304-622-8243 to speak with Sr. Maria or sign up online on the parish website. Confirmation – A make up informational meeting outlining the requirements for Confirmation, will be held on Sunday, October 24 at 4:30 pm in the Church followed by the first Confirmation Class at 5:00 pm in the Parish Center. First Reconciliation – Preparation begins with a meeting for parents and children on October 27 at 6 pm in the Church. This will be followed by Mass at 7 pm and is required of all children and parents involved in First Reconciliation.
October is Month of the Rosary - The link for the Knights of Columbus family rosary on Sunday evening at 7 pm is listed below. Everyone welcome to attend! https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/397192053
The Family Guild will be sponsoring a Trunk or Treat on Sunday, October 24 after the 11 am Mass in the parking lot below the Parish Center. Wear your cutest, spookiest or most saintly costume and come join us! There will be food, games, a pumpkin patch; a lot of candy and of course, fun! If you would like to decorate your trunk or participate in any way, please call Missy McAra at 304-695-2175.
IC Children’s Choir will sing at the 11 am mass on Sunday, October 24th in conjunction with the Trunk or Treat. The children should come to mass dressed in their favorite costume! All CHILDREN ages Pre-school through high school are encouraged to participate. There will be 2 rehearsals: Sunday, October 17 immediately after the 11 am mass; and Friday, October 22 from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm. Please contact Michelle Palmer at 304-669-1972 for more information. All children are invited to attend the Trunk or Treat after mass on 10/24.
It’s not too early to start Christmas Shopping! Beginning the weekend of November 6-7, the ICC Gift Shop will be open before and after masses. The ICC Gift Shop has many wonderful religious items for sale. Please contact Michelle Palmer at 304-669-1972 if you would like to volunteer at the gift shop.
Parish Nurse Ministry:
- Seasons of Hope Program meets on Saturdays from 10 AM to Noon in the Parish Center. This program can help us to cope with a loss that we have experienced in our lives, such as loss of a loved one, a job, divorce, etc. Please call Theresa White at 304-669-6063 or Mary Jo Flaherty at 304-622-4147 with any questions.
- The Living Grace Group will meet weekly on Tuesdays from 12-2 pm in the IC Parish Center. This small group is designed to help anyone struggling with emotional distress by reducing stress, depression, anxiety and other emotional challenges using faith, fellowship, and proven coping and resilience strategies. For more information, contact Veronica Gallo at 304-476-2930.
- The St James Walking Group continues to meet every Monday and Wednesday from 10 am to Noon, at the St. James Parish Center. We are currently using the Walking with Jesus Curriculum. New members are welcome. Contact Patty Colanero at 304-669-5350.
- IC Parish Nurses are pleased to be sponsoring the WVU mobile Lung Cancer Mobile Screening Unit (LUCAS) on Tuesday, November 2 from 8 am to 4 pm. You may call 304-669-6063 with questions or to register.
- October 2021 Newsletter: https://uploads.weconnect.com/mce/91d5e6728240dd7edc866732c15a56a934cf0a97/Oct.%202021%20Newsletter.pdf
The Mustard Seed – We are looking for more volunteers and there are jobs suited to every ability, interest & day of the week. Your support and generous help keeps the Mustard Seed open to the public Mon., Tues., Thurs., and Friday of each week. The needs include: hoodies and light jackets. Please do not leave donations unless there is someone present to accept them. To volunteer or to arrange donations, please contact Dolores Yoke at 304-624-6077.